10 Comments

1. derek
    March 7, 2010 @ 7:07 am

i love this like no other.

i was a student in a small college town in 1996 when i experienced my first rave in a little coffee shop. house music was new to me and unlike anything i had ever heard before. having to own some myself, i walked into a record store the next day and walked out with ‘weekend’. to this day, it remains the best set i’ve ever heard. from the opening haunting sounds of ‘hooligan food’, to the tempo change at ‘kupuri’, the warbly bass lines that kick in at ‘just get up and dance’, to the sirens of ‘santa cruz’, this set is truly a journey.

it was nice to read this cd was pivotal for you, as i have always considered ‘weekend’ the beginning of everything that i love about music now. thank you.

2. Spoon
    March 20, 2010 @ 2:56 pm

OK Gavin,
    THe three cds that you , scott , and robbie did was the inspiration to me wanting to dj and produce. after i heard of the hardkiss brothers i was hook for sure , i started collecting the hardkiss label (Delusions of Grandeur is the only vinyl album art i dont have ). i even got to educate people with your cds ( just by letting them listen to them). i have got to open for you and and robbie in nashville tn and that was a dream , Thank you . i even got the hardkiss tree tattooed on my neck !!so im a huge fan and i just wanted to let you know that i really appreciate everything musically you have done and you and the hardkiss family will always be in my heart and soul!!!!!

much love ,
    Spoon

• gavin hardkiss
      March 24, 2010 @ 8:09 pm

i totally remember meeting you and being freaked out by your tatoo … hope you’re still rocking it!!

keep your eyes on thhis blog for some super exciting stuff happening this summer!!

3. Spoon
    March 20, 2010 @ 2:58 pm

oh yeah the mix of these three tracks are f@$king amazing!!! i need these track BAD
    11. Metro – Stone Skippin
    12. TC 1995 – Just Get Up and Dance
    13. Southside Reverb – Fuck You We’e From Texas
    14. Fatboy Slim – Santa Cruz

4. Tommy ROckett
    April 7, 2010 @ 1:33 pm

been trying to find hooligan food for blooming ages.
    nice work posting this.
    where can I get an mp3 of it dude?
    ®

• gavin hardkiss
      April 9, 2010 @ 6:52 pm

Good luck finding an mp3 of the song … if you do then let me know!

5. Loris Tinacci
    April 22, 2010 @ 8:39 pm

This mix is just…amazing. Will definitely be checking out more of your sets. Can’t get enough of the Sure is Pure remix of TC 1995’s Just Get Up and Dance

6. Jay Marley
    July 26, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

one of my all time favorite mixes, lost the CD years ago, so… THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for putting it on the interwebs for all of us to enjoy, again… much love from Floriduh 😀 ++

7. Wesley
    September 20, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

I noticed a copy of Hooligan Food is currently available on Ebay. I checked recently for an MP3 and still no dice. This was a definite Gem! Thanks again