In 2001, we toured the UK, knocking up 17 gigs in as many days criss-crossing England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. This was the infamous Sticky Trumpet Tour distilled here in this fifteen minute video.
The Baroness, The Rebel Crew, Niven, Paul Riley and myself joined forces with the likes of The Freeloaders, The International People’s Gang, Matthew Jay and DJ Hal as we squirted suntan oil over the deprived bodies of the British royalty.
There are many stories to be told about this invasion. Some of my favorite moments were:
1) DJing live on BBC1’s Breezeblock with Annie Nightingale
2) Late night sessions at Adam Freeland’s pad in Brighton.
3) Delirious recording sessions at Square dance Studios Nottingham.
4) After an all-nighter in Manchester, traveling to Amsterdam to watch European Championship soccer.
5) What the hell where we doing DJing at a pub in Worchester?
6) All out brawl while DJing at Fidel’s Cigar Bar at The Lamp in Hull with Porky.
7) Heaps of free gear from our sponsor Kappa.
8) Heaps of gear from our other sponsor Chalky.
9) Magic time spent with Matthew Jay.
10) All of the 24 hour party people.
Video design and direction by Paul Riley